Thursday, January 25, 2018

Emboldening Boulders

Sunday I had the pleasure of taking some lesser known trail in Hocking Hills with a great group of photographers.  Typically I am out alone or with one other. I love to challenge myself when I am with a group. I want an entirely different point of view, tricky when four photographers are shooting the same waterfall at once. These are my opportunities to grow.  This time I took the back seat, watched as photographers scattered. I was on the hunt for the original and unique image. Captivated by the large lichen and moss-covered boulders in the hollow.  I decided to make them my main point of focus, letting the massive frozen waterfall be an element in the background.  It's my version of cheering for the underdog.
Emboldening Boulders/Elle Pollard (c) 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment